Saturday, February 12, 2011

Movies I would force Hitler to sit through II

I don't want to say that I had high hopes for this film because then it would seem as if I had been dying to see it. The Roommate didn't not meet my expectations, not in the least, nowhere near my level, nothing. Sitting in Lowell Cinemas with 100 other screaming and laughing pre-pubescent twats may have also contributed to my general dislike of the film.
The Roommate centers around an aspiring fashion student Sara (Minka Kelly) who ends up rooming with a schizophrenic Rebecca (Leighton Meester) for freshman year of college. Rebecca is highly protective of Sara and commits heinous crimes to block anything from coming in between her and her roommate.

As I watched this movie, all I wanted to do was find my freshman year roommate through Facebook and not be paired up with some loony the school sets me up with. Clumsy Sara left that tiny detail to chance and can technically blame the school for all the shit Rebecca put her through. Damn Department of Housing.

What really pissed me off about this film was its attempt to rip off such horror films as Psycho and Urban Legend. One of the chief means of intimidation used by Rebecca was to ambush the dorm cum dumpster in the shower and rip out her belly button ring. The whole scene reeked of Janet Leigh. The next event which really disturbed me involved a kitten, probably plague ridden since it was taken off the street sipping dirty puddle water, and a dryer. I believe I saw this exact scene in '98 when the Co-ed killer of Urban Legends decided to fry a puppy in a microwave. C'mon Hollywood, kill a baby animal with some flare, not just common household appliances!

I watched this movie for an hour and a half waiting to see some bitches get killed, and with a total of 8 truly main characters, two die within 5 minutes of each other AND with only 10 minutes left in the movie. That was it, two friggin people die in the whole movie. This movie was a sham, its ideas are photocopies of true cinematic genius. And the guy who played Sara's new boyfriend, the same one from Twilight (Cam Gigandet), talked with his eyes half shut. It was a major pet peeve the entire film. How the hell are you supposed to pleasure a woman if you can't even see what you're aiming for? As for the re-emergence of Billy Zane, the student seducing design teacher, I smell Razzy in the air! Hey Hitler, suck on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment